Thursday 14 May 2015

Crystal Clear?

I didn't pick up many of the Run For Cover RSD releases this year. In fact I think I only picked up one. Weird, I would have grabbed Pity Sex and Weekend Nachos if they were in my local store. I just haven't hunted round for them too much. 
However, the one release from this label I did have a little lurk around for was the newest Camera Shy 7'', slotted in between a great debut EP and the promise of a new album coming out real soon. The first thing I fell for here was the art, and ordered without so much as a cautionary listen on Bandcamp. 


Camera Shy - Crystal Clear (Record Store Day) - Run For Cover - 1st Press - Blue // White Colour in Colour /1000 (RSD '15) 

The same as their Jack 'O' Lantern EP, I fell in love with the theme of the art, as you can see here. 
http://23rotations.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/i-remember-halloween.html
Weird enough that I titled that post as I did, considering there is a Misfits cover on this new 7''. 

The weird centre label of a Guinea Pig is something I can get behind too. I thought Crystal Clear would be a precursor for the variant too, so it was nice to see this instead. 


The layout of this record is similar to the 10'', which is a weird but kind of nice little consistency over the two releases. 
It states that all words and lyrics are collectively written by Camera Shy, neither Danzig or the Misfits are credited here which seems a little odd. RFC are no stranger to holding out a decent cover or two on their releases, and I'm sure they're normally credited? 
Here you see a little more of the variant, and the contrast of the blank centre label on this side goes with the format of the back cover. I'm not sure whether that much thought went in to it, but we'll run with it right? 


Insert. 

This is a single sheet insert with no lyrics on the reverse side. However, I like that it was included purely for the sake of a little more art. Running on this sweet Halloween theme is always a bonus too. I'm not sure how long it will go on for, but this continuity in their releases is pretty great so far! Now I need to hunt down a copy of that Mixed Singles 7''... 

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment