Saturday 18 October 2014

Downward Years Part 2.

I said it. I knew I would end up buying another copy of this record. But, on the upside it has new artwork and bonus tracks. It didn't take a lot of me convincing myself to buy this record, and the bonus tracks are perfect. Having an acoustic version of Suns and Lovers is really worth the asking price alone. 


So here it is! My second copy of Downward Years to Come. There's some reversed artwork going on to help differentiate between the presses, and the contrast is great. 


Nothing - Downward Years to Come v.2.0 - A389 Records - 2nd Press /? 

As is the way with the 1st press, finding any pressing information on this record isn't exactly easy. I ordered mine from Rich over at Ignite Records and ended up with a black copy. On the A389 store, two variants are sold out and two variants remain available. The black is one of two available colours; whether this is down to it being the most common colour, or whether people just don't buy black when a colour option is available? I don't really mind either way. 


Back Cover // B-Side. Pretty much the same layout on here as the 1st press, only with the amended speed (the first press indicates 45rpm but it is played at 33, as is this re-press). Also, the extra tracks are added to the track-listing and the colours schemes are reversed. 


First side of the insert. Again the colours are reversed and it's all cool. I was expecting some hick move like inverting the cross. Glad that didn't happen. 


Again, the colour scheme of this side is reversed from the original press too. Additional thanks, credits and lyrics are here too. It's pretty nice attention to detail to amend the insert. Also, black text on a white background is much easier on the eyes, so I'm always a fan. 


This press also comes with a sticker with a little extra information. It was on the cellophane of the record, but I'm particular and peeled it off and attached it to a dust sleeve. Also, the barcode of the release sits on this sticker as opposed to ruining any of the artwork on the sleeve. So everyone is a winnder right? 


Finally, a quick comparison of the two! Even the colours on the centre label are reversed, so impressive. I would love to pick up more variants of Nothing records, but at this point it would be such a rabbit hole to fall down. For now though, I'm more than happy with these two. 










No comments:

Post a Comment