Saturday 4 October 2014

Radio 1 Vol. 1

Okay, so I'm doing things in a bit of a funny backwards order but who cares right? 
It's easy to chat about all things Touche Amore; but honestly these records (aside from the packaging being top notch) are maybe some of the least played out of the bunch. The MP3's don't get much love as they are pretty harsh; and with the full TA back catalogue on permanent residence on my iPod, it kind of gets shunned for the studio recordings. 

But any TA is good TA, so on to the records... 


1st Press. Transparent Purple /300. 


Transparent Purple in the light. This is the only copy of this 7'' (aside from the box set colour) that I didn't get at pre-order (I got two of another colour instead). Thankfully, Darren over at Dog Knights bailed me out and sold me this. 


1st Press. Transparent Orange /700.
 I have a double of this from pre-order and never bothered to trade or sell it. 


1st Press. White /2300. 
This was the most common or 'distro' colour. I think this is still in print too, as this 7'' hasn't seen a re-press yet. Same with Vol. 2, there are these A/B label markings that stand out.


1st Press. Transparent Blue /1500. 
This was a UK exclusive colour if memory serves, and I remember HMV had this super cheap on their webstore (when they still had a webstore). I think I bought mine from Banquet Records though.

On to the packaging. Again, easier to separate the two out for this one. 


Similar design to Vol. 2. This time the white panels on the side have an Asterisk logo without the circle (left side) and the other design I'm not too sure on. I think it was only used on this 7''. Track-listing on the cover again. They bust out a song from the La Dispute split on this 7'', and Jordan Dreyer was featured on the recording too. So cool. 


Similar back photo too. I think I prefer this full colour layout, everything is just a little easier to see. No turn up jeans this time around though. 



The front panel foldout. A bunch of in studio photos, including a couple with Jordan Dreyer in. I like looking at stuff like this, especially all the photos with partially set up equipment. Those studios are a real piece of history. 


Other side of the fold out. This features the same large text as the other 7'', but the white text and full colour photo makes everything a little easier to see. 


Oh, and before I forget... There was a box-set version of this 7''. This TA box set compiles 4 7''s chronologically (BBC Vol. 1 / Casket Lottery Split / Pianos Become the Teeth Split / Title Fight Split) and all of them are on clear vinyl /200. 


However, as I haven't opened mine I guess we won't be seeing that today. I'm always undecided about opening this one. My other box-set came opened so it made sense to play them, but I grabbed this one new from the band. I don't really need to keep it sealed as I'll never sell it; but I already have multiple copies of these 7''s already so why open it? I've lived without opening it for over a year, and I guess they're not going to sound any different. I would just open it, play them all once, take a photo or two then it would go back on the shelf. For now it's staying sealed. I'll keep you posted if anything changes though. 180/200






















No comments:

Post a Comment