Thursday 9 October 2014

Flexi your Knuckles

Okay, so this is something new for me. I don't think that there is much to say here that probably hasn't already been said. But it is the first flexi I have bought so I guess we can talk about that? 


Oak Street by Knuckle Puck. This was released through Bad Timing Records and is *limited* to 1000, all on green with white/silver foil. If you haven't heard the whole Bad Timing Records debacle, it's pretty funny. Basically the story is that they kept putting in demand releases in and out of stock sporadically. It doesn't sound like a bad thing, but in the mean time, kids were spending mad dolla on eBay for the items in question. Story over. 


These (obviously) are super bendy and are almost more of a party favour than anything else. I thought it would sound like arse, but it sounds okay. Not quite the audiophile quality of a record, but way nicer sounding than a lathe. The text is all stamped on, and you can see the indents on the lathe from where the text was pressed on. It's quite cool, and I like the Bad Timing Records logo being on there. Things are a little minimal here, and I wish a little more information about the record on the dust sleeve or something. 


Reverse side of the flexi. Nothing going on here. At all. Moving on.
 Oh, and whilst I remember, this record also got the in stock // out of stock // oh wait back in stock // sorry bro's out of stock treatment too! But with being a flexi, and only one exclusive track on offer (one is from a forthcoming EP) I assume this will stick around a little while?


Bad timing sticker. I bought two of these flexi's to split an order with a mate, but only one sticker came. So I kept it and I'll never use it (sorry Matt!). There we go, not an awful lot going on, but it's something new for my collection. In fact, thinking of it I do have a flexi but it's a postcard and sounds  like absolute balls unless you weigh it down.






No comments:

Post a Comment