Sunday 10 August 2014

Demo songs for Burning Lovers

I'm on a bit of a Colohan fix lately, and since I've already had posted about Cursed fairly recently, I'll go with Burning Love. I will post more about Cursed though. The Burning Love Demo first came to my attention when Thirty Days of Night Records put it out in the UK, but after a couple of sketchy experiences, I had decided to hold off and wait on buying. Well I spent a long time waiting and picked it up some time late last year.


This is from Deranged Records and is/100 from the 1st press I believe. They also did a version on yellow/100 with matching sleeve which I also had a copy of, but traded it for a Touche Amore record I was after for my collection. I think it's great that they did a version or two that matched the sleeve, and the yellow looked cool too. But I can live with one copy for now. I believe Nerve Hold originally put this out on cassette tape, and a part of me would like that. Demo recordings almost belong on tape right? 


Back cover/ B- side of the record. I have no clue what the sleeve art is from, but it's cool. I guess it's some horror movie reference? Close up, the art is a little pixelated, kind of makes little difference to the art but i'm sure there's some logic in there somewhere. Oh, and on a note for the whole thing matching, the inside of the sleeve is entirely red too. No insert though, which I would have appreciated. I bought it new so I guess they just didn't come with one? 


But on the upside there was this promo sticker. Again, it will just sit in the sleeve unused, but it's nice to have all the same. 

This isn't my favourite Burning Love release, but anything by this band is solid if you haven't heard them yet. Punk n' Roll is just about the cheesiest term anyone could come up with, but it probably sums up this release pretty well. If you're into it, check out Rotten Thing to Say too.





No comments:

Post a Comment