Saturday 30 August 2014

Let Me Tell You What I Think About Frog Spit.

I'm For it. Well, now that's out of the way I'm going to talk about Fun by Algernon Cadwallader. It's actually a really Fun record, you'll get it. 


This was released through Be Happy Records // Protagonist Music. From memory it's the 3rd press on Lime Foam, and was limited to 'very limited'. Great. Bit of black mix in the record that looks kind of quirky. 


B-side (well, C-side) and back cover. Track-listing top left, and labels at the bottom. I don't know how I photographed these to look different, maybe the sun popped out for a quick minute. I suck at photography.


As well as the 7'', the release comes with a bonus CD with the 7'' tracks and 3 bonus songs too. Earlier presses had different CD art, but this looks pretty okay by me. 


Insert. This looks like it was taken at the same time as the cover art. Definitely looks like a good time, works well with the summer and twiddles. 




The insert folds out into this little booklet. The top photo contains lyrics on the left panel. On the right panel, recording and mastering credits etc. at the top; information about the bonus CD at the bottom. 
The bottom photo contains band personnel and a thank you of sorts. Beneath that are the addresses of both contributing labels. Also, you get a bunch of neat photographs. But the fun doesn't stop there...


If you didn't guess. Colouring book. 


Gregory Labold designed this little doodle book. I hope somebody has actually coloured a copy in, as I guess that was probably the intent. The illustrations are quite sweet, if you want to see the upside down set, turn your screen accordingly. Especially if you have a desktop. 


So there you go, a 7'' packed with everything you would ever need to make a record fun. I really wish this band would do something again. 












No comments:

Post a Comment