Sunday 17 August 2014

Tour Tape

You know what. Sometimes, living in the UK is a real bust. Mainly when it comes to all things music related. A month or two back, there was a US tour consisting of: Modern Baseball / Tiny Moving Parts/ Sorority Noise/ The Hotelier. Tours like that just don't really happen over here. However, as sore as the subject is, I kind of got the next best thing to being there... 


The Hotelier/ Sorority Noise live split. This is a cassette tape, containing live audio from both bands, recorded at the Baltimore Metro Gallery. From what I understand it was the final night of the tour. The audio was also gathered from a recorder bring held up from in the crowd; that's it for audio equipment. No mastering, no nothing. Straight from recorder to cassette. 


There were 2 colour options available (black and white) but by the time I got wind of this, only black remained. Probably would have picked it anyway mind. I have a Sorority Noise cassette, also on black and your boy likes to colour co-ordinate where he can. All the sleeves were hand made, and the words/ pages are taken from Specimen Days by Michael Cunningham. I'm not sure if it holds any relevance, but it's nice to know. On another note, from what I've seen, all of the sleeves look different, making each one unique. 


Back of the case. I ended up with number 39/40. There were 25 of each colour made, but only 20 of each went on sale. The other 5 went to the band and I assume are not numbered. The black went to Sorority Noise, the white to The Hotelier. This was released through Nine Lives Music & Art, and has long sold out. 


This is the photograph that came with the package, and shows every band member (I guess) from all four bands on that tour. Looked like it was a great time. Also, Cam from Sorority Noise is wearing a Bring Me the Horizon shirt. Classic.


Another thing. The tape is held inside this weird plastic case, which proves awkward when trying to get the tape out. It also makes it a little more difficult to store, but I can't throw it away.



Speaking of stuff I can't throw away, these are the extra knick-knacks that came with my order. I'm not entirely sure what Garbage Pail Kids are, or what this Barney Gumble thing is (kind of looks like a Pog). But I think it's great that stuff like this comes in orders, and The Simpsons is brilliant, so this will go in my box of patches/ stickers etc. that have come with orders but won't fit in the packaging. 

The audio is a little rough around the edges on this one, as you can expect for how it was recorded. But the songs are great, and with every ounce of feedback and background noise, you feel a little like you were there. It's a pretty great listen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment