Friday 22 August 2014

Easel/ Edsel/ Etsel??

Here's a post on another Cold Cave record I picked up recently. 


Now here's the fun bit. I believe it's title is 'Easel and Ruby', as is listed on the Cold Cave site. However, some people have it listed as Edsel and Ruby, or Etsel and Ruby. This is probably due to the print quality of the cover, and the font used. 


Close up of the cover. The writing below the two figures indicate the track listing on the EP. All of these songs exist on the Love Comes Close LP, although to my ears the tracks seem mastered a little differently. This was also released prior to Love Comes Close as I understand things. The additional information are recording and mixing credits, the pressing number (/300) and indicated speed (45rpm), and finally there are some lyrics to the song 'Heaven Was Full'. 

The covers were plain, with this information sheet attached. All on black vinyl. My copy seems to not have been glued too well, which is a shame. Below is the artwork, hopefully a little sharper quality for those interested:




This is the back cover / B-Side label. The label indicates the B Side tracks (Cebe and Me // Heaven Was Full // A-Side song is Love Comes Close) and the label designation WYR ? 0409. What's Your Rupture? is responsible for the pressing of this. 
Past this, information gets muddled beyond belief. I heard these were for a tour, but that may not be true. Furthermore, I have heard that all copies were in plain white jackets, but I have seen black jacket copies of this release too. 
According to Discogs, the titles of the tracks are supposed to be handwritten on the A-Side label and back cover. The labels on my copy are printed or stamped and contain individual side listings; and the back cover is plain as you can see. 
Discogs also mentions an insert with this record, but my copy (and others from what I have seen) has no insert. 

Basically, past owning it and being quite fond of it, I seem to know very little about it. This is obviously a DIY release with hand glued covers, plain jackets etc. so there may be slight discrepancies from copy to copy. I don't know. Maybe Discogs has it completely wrong. If anyone has a copy or knows anything about this release, I'd be interested to know what the deal is here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment