Tuesday 5 August 2014

I miss Witch Cult pt. 2

I do love Witch Cult an awful lot. But this could possibly be one of the more pointless purchases I have ever acquired. Being completely honest I bought this because at the time I couldn't find the LP version, and wanted to buy a physical release. Yep, you guessed it:


The Witch Cult s/t Floppy Disk box set. Amps against Trend put this out some time after Holy Roar released the LP. It's kind of funny really because I was so enthusiastic about getting this, completely aware of the fact that I had no means of playing it. They could be blank, they could be corrupt, I don't know. But each one is hand-sprayed and each floppy disk contains a track. 


The disks are held in this funky little box and it sits on the shelf where my cassettes are held looking completely out of place. I do like the SCPV stencil at the top though, and you know, how else are you going to ship/store ten floppy disks? 


Inside are the obligatory free Witch Cult stickers. These things look cool, but in being super weird and anal about everything, they'll stay where they were put. They would only go on a drum case and get battered to the point of being illegible so it's for the best really. 


Finally the insert, which is all kinds of confusing as the writing is all over the place/ upside down. I only realised these were numbered when I was taking this photo, apparently I ended up with number 7/50. Should probably update my Deadformat with that really. Also, here you can see that the Floppy Disks form a track-listing according to how they're sprayed. 

Will this ever get played? Not even a little, I have the CD and LP so i'm not fucking about getting the old computer out of the attic to play these. Do I own more than one Floppy Disk release? Yup. Wouldn't let go of them either. Oh, pointless purchases.




No comments:

Post a Comment